The burgeoning downtown Napa dining scene is about to get another jolt.
Chef and proprietor Sean O’Toole (formerly of Cotogna, Quince, Bardessono and Hopper Creek Kitchen) will serve up contemporary American fare at his new restaurant, TORC, for the first time on November 25th.
TORC, which is located in the downtown Napa space that once housed Ubuntu, is O’Toole’s first solo endeavour. The restaurant’s opening menu items include:
- Bengali Sweet Potato Pakora with Yogurt-Truffle Dip ($5)
- Violet Artichoke Soup with Chanterelle Mushrooms, Mint and Lemon ($10)
- Jamón Ibérico with Grilled Garlic Crouton ($15)
- Dungeness Crab Salad with Buddha Hand, Satsuma Mandarin, Avocado and Herb Salad ($14)
- Housemade Strozzapreti with Pecorino Romano, Tellicherry Pepper and Dino Kale ($13)
- Hudson Ranch Heritage Pork with Cheddar Grits, Collard Greens and Mustard Sauce ($25)
- Roasted Chicken for Two with Black Spice, Coconut Rice and Spicy Bok Choy ($41)
Dessert includes items such as a Mt. Tam Cheese with Piment D’Espelette Marmalade and Pickled Chanterelles ($6) and a Napa Meyer Lemon Tart with Smoked Hazelnut Ganache and Sable Breton ($9).
TORC will offer 80 wines by the bottle, a well-edited list of wines by the glass, an extensive selection of beers, and cocktails will be available in the coming months.
The dining room will seat 90, including 17 bar seats, 20 patio seats (seasonal) and a private dining room. Brunch service will begin in January 2014 and the restaurant will be open 5:30pm – 9pm, seven days a week.
When you try it, come back and tell us what you thought!