If you’re looking for a little ‘east meets west’ cuisine in the heart of the Napa Valley, then you’re in luck.
Solage Calistoga is running a special Asian-inspired menu at Solbar Lounge now through March 31st. The menu is the creation of Chef Brandon Sharp and Chef Bradley Borchardt and it combines Asian flavors and techniques with regional ingredients.
Menu highlights include:
- Fried Chinese long beans with sea urchin mayonnaise and togarashi shichimi
- Crispy Dungeness Crab Rangoon with sweet chili-lime sauce
- Steam buns with Chiang Mai pork sausage, saw-tooth herb and Chinese mustard cream
- Korean-style charred beef shortribs with pear-ginger marinade and pickled jicama
- “Lucky Pig” – slow-roasted pork shoulder with black sesame crepes, pickled pineapple, Mongolian peanuts, lettuce cups and more
Chef Sharp was recently honored for the 4th time with a Michelin Star and he has honed his skills at Gary Danko in San Francisco, Restaurant August in New Orleans and the world-renowned French Laundry.
The team at Solbar was kind enough to share their Pork Shoulder Gyoza with Ponzu Sauce recipe so you adventurous types can give it a shot on your own: