Another week is nearly in the books and a super busy weekend lies ahead. This week’s rundown of local events includes wine tasting opportunities, release parties, local festivals and more. The weather should be unbelievable–enjoy it!
Friday, October 21st
- From 5pm – 8pm downtown Napa’s Back Room Wines will host a 2009 Red Burgundy night where five of the latest 2009 vintage Red Burgundies will be available for tasting and purchase. Cost is $25 per tasting and there will be a 10% discount off wines poured. Call 707-226-1378 for more information
- From 5pm – 7pm JV Wine & Spirits in downtown Napa will host a tasting event featuring Springboard Wine Company. Cost is $5 per person and and you can ring 707-253-2624 for details
Saturday, October 22nd
- From 11am – 4pm the 25th Annual St. Helena Harvest Festival will take place in St. Helena. The event is free to attend and will feature live music, food and craft booths, wine pouring stations, a wine auction, kids carnival, 5k run, kids run and the legendary pet parade. Call 707-815-7991 for more information
- From 12pm – 4pm Newton Vineyards in St. Helena will host a pre-release party for its 2008 The Puzzle. For $30 per person ($24 per wine club member) you’ll be able to enjoy a barrel sample tasting of a future release hosted by Winemaker Chris Millard, a debut of the new seasonal food pairings and live music. Call 707-963-9000 for details
- From 12pm – 6pm the Calistoga Blues Fest will take over downtown Calistoga and feature live blues bands and wine tasting from 15 wineries. A $40 tasting pass will allow you to stroll the festival while sipping wine, tasting food and enjoying the art and music. Call 707-942-6333 for more information