Believe it or not, this weekend marks the beginning of October. Fall has arrived and with it harvest is underway.
It’s a busy, busy time here in the Napa Valley, but if you’re planning to visit over the next couple days, here are a few events worth checking out.
Saturday, October 1st
- From 11am – 3pm Groth will host a release day celebration for its 2008 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon. For $25 per person (free for wine club members) you’ll be able to join winemaker Michael Weis for a tour of the Reserve vineyard (11am) and Culinary Director Kimball Jones for a food and wine pairing with the Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon (2pm). Call 707-754-4254 for more information
- From 11am – 4pm the Yountville Chili Cook Off will take place at Yountville Park. The event is free of charge to attend and there will be prizes, food (chili!), beverages, entertainment and fun for the whole family. Call 707-944-0904 for details
- From 4pm – 7pm Signorello Estate will host a harvest party. For $75 per person ($50 per wine club member) you’ll be able to enjoy barrel samples, food, music and more. To attend, you must RSVP by calling 707-255-5990
- From 6pm – 8pm Elizabeth Spencer will host a harvest celebration of its own. For $60 per person ($40 per wine club member) you’ll be able to visit the winery’s tasting room in Rutherford to taste wines paired with hors d’oeuvres that will be served at individual stations. Call 866-963-4762 for more information
Sunday, October 2nd
- From 11am – 4pm the Yountville Days Parade and Festival will take place in, you guessed it, Yountville. Attendance is free, the parade begins at 12pm from the Veterans Home and the festival includes food, beverages, entertainment, and more for the whole family. Call 707-944-8712 for details