Can you believe it? The last official weekend of Summer is upon us (boooo!).
This time next week it will officially be Fall–for those looking to enjoy one last Summer hurrah, check out the multitude of harvest and release parties taking place this weekend below.
Saturday, September 18th
- From 12pm – 5pm, Long Meadow Ranch Winery & Farmstead will host its harvest party at the property in St. Helena. For $35 per person ($25 per Slow Food/Corral Club member), you’ll be treated to various food pairings by Farmstead Chef Sheamus Feeley, including whole hog roast, Hog Island Oysters and Long Meadow Ranch Grass Fed beef, all paired with Long Meadow Ranch wines. There will also be a Chef demo by Deborah Krasner, author of GOOD MEAT, live music, horseshoes and vineyard and farm tours. Call 707-963-4555 for more information
- From 1pm – 6pm, Girard Winery in Yountville will host a Fall party that will see the winery pair up four wines with Fall inspired cuisine. Cost is $20 per person (free for wine club members) and you can ring 707-968-9297 x18 for all the details
- From 3pm – 5pm, Robert Mondavi Winery will host a Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve release party at the winery in Oakville. For $50 per person, you’ll be able to enjoy the 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon paired with food and live music. Call 888-RMONDAV for all the details
- From 5pm – 9pm Honig Winery in Rutherford will host a ‘tasting at twilight’ event that will benefit Redwood Middle School. For $50 per person, you’ll be able to enjoy food catered by Fume, a silent and live auction, wine and more. Call 707-265-9065 for more information
- From 5:30pm – 7:30pm Duckhorn Vineyards in St. Helena will host its Fall release party, which will take place at the winery’s Estate House in Marlee’s Garden. For $50 per person ($40 per wine club member), you’ll be able to enjoy new release wines, recipes from the winery’s Food For Thought wine pairing program as well as Brazilian, Gypsy swing and Afro-Cuban music from the Carter/Bodlovich Trio. Call 707-967-2031 for more information
[techtags: Napa, Napa Valley, wine, winery, napa weekend, Honig Winery, Duckhorn Vineyards, Girard Winery]