The line-up for one of the Summer’s more popular events is set and tickets are now available, so if you’ve been thinking about booking something, now is the time.
Last week, details on Robert Mondavi Winery’s 2010 Summer Music Festival were released. Starting July 3rd, the Festival will include the Napa Valley Opera House this time around as well.
Having debuted in July of 1969 with a $3 ticket price, the Festival drew some 400 attendees that inaugural year. Since then, the Winery has donated more than $2 million from the proceeds of the annual Festival in support of the Napa Valley Symphony and Napa Valley Unified School District.
One of our favorite local establishments, BarBersQ, will be onsite this year serving up their famous barbecue dishes (on-site orders will be limited, so you’re encouraged to pre-order by calling 707-224-6600).
In addition, during intermissions at the concerts, which take place at 7pm on Friday and Saturday nights, guests are encouraged to enjoy a complimentary tasting of Robert Mondavi Winery wines and a variety of cheeses compliments of Sonoma Jack Cheese.
Here’s the line-up:
- Saturday, July 3: The Preservation Hall Jazz Band will kick off the Festival with a musical celebration and fireworks show.
- Saturday, July 10: The Court Yard Hounds harmonic vocals of sisters Martie Maguire and Emily Robison will be at the Winery.
- Friday, July 16: Ziggy Marley first sat in on recording sessions with his father, Bob, when he was ten years old. Now a four time Grammy winner he will be performing at Robert Mondavi Winery in mid-July.
- Saturday, July 17: Afro-Cuban All Stars, Cuban bandleader, producer, and impresario extraordinaire Juan de Marcos has a mission to show the world the wealth, diversity and vitality of Cuban music.
- Saturday, July 24: Chris Botti, presented by Festival del Sole, is the largest selling Jazz instrumental artist whose success has crossed over to audiences usually reserved for pop music and his ongoing association with PBS has led to four #1 Jazz Albums, as well as multiple Gold, Platinum & Grammy Awards.
Tickets can be purchased online or by calling the Napa Valley Opera House at 707-226-7372.
[techtags: Napa, Napa Valley, wine, winery, Robert Mondavi Winery, Robert Mondavi Winery 2010 Summer Music Festival]