The first weekend in February is nearly here and you know what that means…
No, not the Super Bowl (although that is this Sunday).
Here in the Napa Valley February marks the kick-off of new release season at our local wineries. For all you Cabernet Sauvignon lovers out there, this weekend we have no fewer than five separate release parties that you’ll want to check out.
Saturday, February 6th
- From 9am – 3:30pm the venerable Silver Oak Cellars in Oakville will hold its release day. For $50 per person (tasting fee plus logo glass), you’ll be able to enjoy tastings of the new release (the 2005 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon), the 2000 Napa Valley Cabernet and the 2005 Twomey Napa Valley Merlot. There will also be coffee and pastries in the morning followed by a gourmet box lunch. Call 800-273-8809 for more information
- From 11am – 3pm Flora Springs Winery will host its 2007 Trilogy release party that will be a “Carnaval inspired celebration”. For $35 per person ($30 per wine club member), you’ll be treated to wine (of course) as well as Louisiana Creole-influenced food provided by Cindy Pawlcyn’s Napa Valley Catering, entertainment, blending seminars hosted by Paul Steinauer as well as food and wine pairings conducted by Cindy Pawlcyn herself. Call 707-967-6723 for all the details
- Between 12pm and 4pm Raymond Vineyards in St. Helena will host its ‘Generations’ release party. For $25 per person (free for wine club members), you’ll be able to taste the latest Generations Cabernet Sauvignon release paired with artisan cheeses from John Raymond & Co. and charcuterie from The Fatted Calf. Call 707-963-3141 x62 for more details
- From 12pm – 5pm Girard Winery will host its own Cabernet release party at its Yountville tasting room. For $25 per person (free for wine club members), you’ll be able to taste the winery’s 2007 Mountain Series Cabernet Sauvignon, as well as sneak peaks of the Girard Atlas Peak Cabernet Sauvignon, Diamond Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon and Mt. Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon. Each wine will be paired with “a gourmet nibble”. Call 707-968-9297 x18 for more information
Saturday, February 6th and Sunday, February 7th
- From 10am – 5:30pm both days, Bennett Lane Winery in Calistoga will host its Cabernet release celebration. For $20 per person you’ll be able to sip wine, including the 2007 Cabernet and Reserve Cabernet. Call 877-629-6272 for more information
[techtags: Napa, Napa Valley, wine, winery, Silver Oak Cellars release day, Bennett Lane Winery, Girard Winery, Flora Springs Winery, Raymond Vineyards, Cabernet Release Day, Cabernet release weekend]