The month of November is chugging right along and before you know it, Thanksgiving will be upon us.
In the meantime, there’s no shortage of events taking place in the valley this weekend. Here are a few worth checking out.
Saturday, November 7th
- From 11:30am – 3:30pm Hewitt Vineyard will host a barrel tasting event that will allow you to sample the 2008 vintage, enjoy a pre-release tasting of the winery’s 2007s and check out a couple library selections. For $50 per person (wine club members are free for two), you’ll also be treated to ‘hearty’ appetizers and live music. Call 707-968-3638 for more information
- From 10:30am – 11:30am Mumm Napa winery will host the first lecture in its “Changing Earth: Photographer’s Call to Action” series. See our previous coverage for full details
- Meat and wine lovers, don’t forget Primal Napa Valley is taking place from 3pm – 7pm in St. Helena
Saturday, November 7th and Sunday, November 8th
- This weekend is a ‘Silver Pass Weekend‘ on Silverado Trail, meaning pass holders will be able to enjoy current release tastings at each of the participating wineries along with barrel samples, food pairing, special discounts, library wines, and more. Times and specifics will vary from winery to winery, among those participating are Hagafen Cellars, Monticello Vineyards, Zahtila Vineyards and more. Passes cost $40 per person for one day in advance or $65 per person for the weekend in advance. A day pass purchased day-of goes for $45 per person and a weekend pass purchased day-of goes for $70 per person. Proceeds from pass sales will go to the Child Development Centers of the Napa County School District. Call 707-256-0122 for more information
- From 1pm – 7pm on Saturday the Calistoga Blues Festival will see live music fill the streets in downtown Calistoga. Attendees will be able to taste wine, there will be various merchants specials and select restaurants will host live music into the night. On Sunday from 12pm – 5pm, the Blues in the Vineyards event will continue the music and wine tasting at seven different Calistoga wineries, including Dutch Henry Winery, Madrigal Vineyards and more. Saturday-only tickets are $25 per person, a Sunday-only pass (for Blues in the Vineyards) is $35 per person and a weekend pass is $50 per person. Call 707-942-6333 for all the details
[techtags: Napa, Napa Valley, wine, winery, Calistoga Blues Festival, Silver Pass Weekend Silverado Trail, Primal Napa Valley, Mumm Napa, Hewitt Vineyard]