Those of you regular readers will know we’re big photography fans, which is one of the reasons we’re excited about an upcoming series of photo exhibits that will take place at Mumm Napa Winery in Rutherford.
Starting this Saturday, November 7th, from 10:30am – 11:30am, sparkling wine producer Mumm Napa will host a series of photo exhibits and lectures called, “Changing Earth: Photographer’s Call to Action” in conjunction with Ansel Adams and Blue Earth. The series will include photos from renowned photographers who document the reality of earth’s environmental decline through their photographs.
First up in the series is the documentary team Benjamin Drummond and Sara Joy Steele, who’s personal project, Facing Climate Change, documents communities around the world as they confront and adapt to the complex issues surrounding global warming.
The lectures are all free to the public, you’re just asked to RSVP in order to guarantee seating by calling 707 967-7740. Here’s the full series line-up (all lectures are from 10:30am – 11:30am):
- November 7, 2009: Benjamin Drummond/Sara Joy Steele, “Facing Climate Change”
- December 5, 2009: Camille Seaman, “Connection and Purpose”
- February 6, 2010: Stephen Harrison, “Visualizing Earth”
- March 6, 2010: John Trotter, “The Future of the Colorado River”
- March 13, 2010: Daniel Beltra, “Amazon: Forest at Risk” and Florian Schulz, “Freedom to Roam: Keeping the Wild Connected”