The folks over at Silver Oak Cellars have just given their online presence a bit of a face lift, much like they’re in the process of doing with their Oakville tasting room. The design is clean and the navigation is simple and effective. New additions to the site include:
- Tasting notes and labels for Library Wines dating back to the 1970s
- Personal journal entries from Winemaker Daniel Baron
- Convenient shopping for wine and gifts
- Up-to-date news and event information
- Downloadable photos from Release Day events
The new site looks great, and we love the journal entries from Mr. Baron, but must say we sure wish they would have taken things a bit further. For example, it’d be great to see the journal become a monthly blog entry from Mr. Baron–at least that would allow fans of his wine to post comments and generally interact with him a bit more.
The other missed opportunity, in our mind at least, is around the news and events pages. Sure, it’s fine to ask people to sign-up to keep abreast of winery news and events via email, but given how easy it is to setup and maintain an RSS feed, why not offer that option as well??
Check out the new site for yourself here.