As yesterday was the Summer solstice, we thought we’d put together a quick list of the top five things we love about Summer in the Napa Valley. Here goes…
5) The near 9pm sunsets that close out hot, dry, sunny days. The long days make it perfect to play a little twilight golf in the late afternoon and the cool, foggy nights are not only perfect for grape growing but also make it super easy to sleep
4) Being able to go for a jog on the quiet, winding roads in the Oak Knoll District while watching the golden sun set behind the western hills…hearing an occasional blow of the horn from the Napa Valley Wine Train off in the distance
3) The juxtaposition of the dry, brown rolling hills with the lush, green rows upon rows of growing vineyards
2) The massive selection of outdoor entertainment in the valley. From the Friday night Chef’s Market in downtown Napa, to the Sterling Silver Screen Series, to picnicking around the valley
1) Outdoor seating at our favorite local restaurants. You can’t go wrong sitting in the sun sipping a cool, crisp Chardonnay overlooking the valley on the terrace at the Restaurant at Auberge du Soleil…
If you have favorite summertime activities in the Napa Valley, share them with us in the comments!
[techtags: Napa, Napa Valley, Summer in Napa Valley, summer solstice, Napa Wine Train, Auberge du Soleil]