On this special weekend of Cinco de Mayo, here are FIVE event recommendations from the Cork Bits team!
Saturday, May 5th
- The 5th Annual Napa Valley Comedy Night is a benefit for Big Brothers and Sisters of North Bay. The evening kicks off with Mexican food, margaritas and a silent auction. The entertainment continues with comedian, Mickey Joseph, and is accompanied by Andrew Norelli, Jeff Applebaum and Leland Cotton Brown. A night full of good food and a lot of laughs is guaranteed! Food and Silent Auction at 7 pm and the Comedy Show begins at 8 pm at 500 First Street, Napa. 707-258-5522 or 707-258-5522 x229. Cost: $60 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 21 and over only.
- Mi Sueno Winery is hosting a Cinco de Mayo celebration with the new release of their wines. Live mariachi music and Carlos VillasenorÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s delicious cuisine will certainly make this a day to remember. To attend, please RSVP. 2 pm Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 5 pm at 1245 Main St., Napa. (707) 255-7150. Cost: $25. Free to wine club members.
Saturday, May 5th and Sunday, May 6th
- Calistoga Wineries Annual Spring Celebration gives attendees the opportunity to participate in current release tastings, barrel sampling and live entertainment at five local wineries. Tickets are good for both days! Participating wineries include Bennett Lane Winery, Casa Nuestra Winery, and Graeser Winery, among others. 11 am Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 4pm Saturday and Sunday. 866-844-9463. Cost: $15 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 21 and over only.
Sunday, May 6th
- Napa Valley Cinco de Mayo is a celebration in Calistoga which features a festive parade at noon and entertainment for all ages at the Napa County Fair Grounds on Oak Street. Enjoy live bands, delicious food and games for kids of all ages! For more information, contact the Calistoga Chamber of Commerce at (707) 942-6333. Cost: $5, children 10 and under are FREE!
- Napa Valley Tour de Cure is an annual cycling event with proceeds going to the American Diabetes Association. The race begins and ends at the VeteranÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Home in Yountville. Four different routes allow cyclists in varying levels to enjoy a beautiful day in the Napa Valley. Route lengths vary from 10, 25, 50 to 100 miles! When the finish line is crossed, cyclists can enjoy lunch, music and a much deserved massage! 7 am Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 3:30pm at the VeteranÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Home, Yountville. (510) 654.4499, x7460. Cost: Registration fee plus fundraising minimum.
Have a great weekend!!